MB Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MB Productions

A community of filmmakers

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Epidemic: Act 3- Scenes 4-5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet
Awesome: 5

Epidemic: Act 3- Scenes 4-5 Empty
PostSubject: Epidemic: Act 3- Scenes 4-5   Epidemic: Act 3- Scenes 4-5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:10 am

INT. NATHAN'S HOUSE-DEREK

Adam walks in to find a messy basement. Mark is seen on the couch after heavy breathing gives his position away. No one else is where Adam has walked in, but arguing can be heard from around the corner.

ADAM
[Shouting]
Adam, is that you?

ADAM
Ya… ya, Nathan I…

NATHAN
Close the door and lock it.

Adam goes back and locks the doors. He then goes to turn the corner, but notices Nathan’s gun sitting in some sort of shrine with statues of the Virgin Mary that appear to have cried Oil. Derek, Rebecca, Tiffany and Nathan are arguing in the hall outside the first bedroom.

DEREK
But Nathan, it’s the best thing we can do right now!

NATHAN
We have an ample supply of food upstairs and Gods grace to protect us.

TIFFANY
Would you lay off that unending faith of God already?! If it was him, he gave us the ability to handle problems by ourself when we were created. To think he wouldn’t put some decisions into our hands is…

NATHAN
[Who has slowly been gaining a smile since Tiff started talking]
Another civilian of Sodom I see. Thoughts like that will get you thrown out of here.

DEREK
[Getting up close to Nathan, threateningly]
HEY! You don’t have the final say on whether or not someone is sentenced to death.

NATHAN
[Equally threateningly]
I don’t see you…

ADAM
EVERYONE JUST STOP!

Silence occurs and everyone just looks at Adam, who begins to speak but is stopped by the pitter patter or rain.

REBECCA
Do you hear that?

ADAM
…Hear what?

REBECCA
Is… is that rain?

NATHAN
[Fear washes over his face, and he rushes around the corner]
Everybody, I need for you to move this fuss-ball table infront of the bilco door!

Rebecca, Tiffany and Derek run over to help.

ADAM
Nathan! I need to talk to you; it’s important!

NATHAN
[walking over to Adam]
Finish that as fast as possible, then report for orders.

DEREK
I thought you said the blessing would make this place invulnerable!

NATHAN
I don't know how they got through...

Adam [Wisperishly]: Nathan, it’s the upstairs… Luke… he’s up there, but I think… I think he’s hunting one of those creatures.

NATHAN
That’s impossible, this land is unwalk-able by those things unless the ground is being soiled.

ADAM
I know, but, I mean I noticed a part of the lawn that wasn’t really covered in snow, grass was showing; and, well, some of the blades where crushed, or, well, just not right.

NATHAN
[Who goes to look up the stairs, and comes back]
Damn it! Ok, (Now speaking to everyone), Tiffany, I need you to look after Mark there, Adam, Derek and Rebecca, you’ll head upstairs to find out what’s going on, and I’ll man the door to the upstairs.

TIFFANY
Why, what’s going on, are we safe?

NATHAN
Hopefully; we’re about to find out.

Nathan is opening the door while Adam and Rebecca peak their heads out to look. Luke can be seen sitting behind the counter facing the basement door, he is panting, and not holding his gun.

REBECCA
Lu…

Luke immediately makes a, ‘zip your mouth’ gesture, and then points to the other side of the counter, where a body can bee seen sitting in a chair. Rebecca crawls over to him to try and get him out of there quietly. As she gets to him, Luke points to his gun over on the other side of the living room. Adam starts to crawl over to it, while Derek looks over to where the body was, and notices it’s not there anymore. As Adam grabs the gun, the person, who turns out to be a creature, rises from the other side of the couch, and starts to growl.

DEREK
Watch out!

Adam turns around as the creature jumps over the couch, and starts to look like it’ll attack him. Adam tries to fire the gun, only to find that it does not have any bullets in it. As it growls and starts to move, Derek tackles it from behind, pushing it back over the couch.

ADAM
Where the hell are all of the bullets!

LUKE
Well sorry; I didn’t think I’d need them to close a door!

The creature chases Adam for a bit while Luke gets bullets into the gun. They finally manage to kill it.

ADAM
I think we’re safe now.

DEREK
Thank God, I didn’t think we’d make it in such a confined place.

NATHAN
Alright, I need Derek and Adam to grab food from the fridge and cabinet’s, Luke and Rebecca, I want you to check the upstairs for anyone else.

They go and do their separate jobs. Rebecca and Luke investigate the computers and find that they won’t turn on. They then look to the rooms and get through the left room and the bathroom.

REBECCA
I don’t see anything in here. I think we’re probably home free!

Luke stares at the right room with a sense of fear and anxiousness.

LUKE
We still need to try this one; fingers… crossed.

Luke opens the door, and he sees a creature standing with its back faced toward him. He raises his gun to shoot it, but suddenly, the creature jumps and shoves the gun away, causing it to misfire into the ceiling, and throws Luke against the door. Rebecca is shocked, but on the other side of the tussle.

LUKE
RUN!!! GET DOWN STAIRS< AND GET TO THE BASEMENT!

Rebecca runs, with Luke, who pushed the creature into the bathroom, slightly behind. As they get to the bottom of the stairs, the creature jumps down from the top into the living room. Luke tries to fire a bullet, only to find that none are left after the last creature fight.

ADAM
Common we need to help…

NATHAN
NO, get into the basement!

Adam and Derek run behind the fully open door. Luke and Rebecca are staring off with the creature from opposite sides of the room. The creature jumps over the couch to tackle them, but they roll out of the way in opposite directions. Rebecca, who is no longer the creatures target, runs off into the basement with the others; Nathan is still standing with his hand on the door handle. Luke successfully rolls out of the way of another attack and bolts towards the door.

A slow motion scene ensues. Nathan notices a creature coming from the Parents bedroom, and turns as it is rushing to him to see Luke running for the door, who doesn’t noticeably see the monster. Nathan pulls the handle to close the door. Luke’s face is awestruck while still trying to get into the basement. A face of plea shows on Luke’s face as he reaches for the door as the last crack is closing. As the door closes, the camera switches to show Luke’s face, a face of fear, as he realizes the creature from the other side of the hall. The camera then again changes to inside the basement door as Nathan is barricading it, and Luke’s screams can be heard outside.

DEREK
What are you doing? You’ve got to let him in! He’s dieing out there!

NATHAN
[calmly]
Wrong, he’s as good as dead, there’s nothing we can do.

ADAM
Open the door, we can save him!

Nathan continues to barricade.

REBECCA
[emotionally breaking down]
Why would you just let him die like that…

NATHAN
[Prodded, but not angry]
I had to make a choice, and I’d like to see you make a different one had you been in my position. We all have to make sacrifices. I've made mine, now Luke is making is.

ADAM
No...that's murder. We could have saved him.

NATHAN
What's done is done! There will be no disscussing it any further...

FADE TO BLACK.

END OF SCENE 4

SCENE 5

INT. NATHAN’S HOUSE- BASEMENT.

The group heads into one of the vacant rooms. ADAM stops to briefly talk to NATHAN.

ADAM
It’s getting late. Everyone’s tired…

NATHAN
I’ll stay up and keep watch for awhile.

ADAM goes into the room where the other people are. He shuts the door. MARK is sleeping on the bed. All is silent at first. They keep their voices down.

ADAM
We can’t stay here.

DEREK
You think? That guy’s insane

REBECCA
He let Luke die!

DEREK
He’ll probably kill all of us too!

ADAM
Keep your voice down! You think I don’t know that? The look in Luke’s eyes…We need to find other people. There is probably a refuge place, for all we know the military could be ending this thing as we speak.

TIFFANY
You mean this is some kind of disease?

ADAM
I have no idea what the hell this is! But I’m pretty sure it’s a virus of some kind

DEREK
Leave to the government to unleash a deadly plague

REBECCA
What should we do? I’m pretty sure that guy out there won’t agree with that. He thinks it’s all God’s doing. The bible says that God is forgiving….that he is kind, why would he do something like this?

ADAM
I don’t know. But what I do know is that we can’t stay here. Nathan’s paranoia will kill us all.

The group grows silent as they here a shuffling outside.

DEREK
Right.

ADAM
We’ll leave tomorrow. It’s safer during the day…hopefully

TIFFANY
(Distraught)
But what about our parents? Friends? Neighbors? Are all these people dead?

ADAM
How am I supposed to know? I know just as much as you do!

TIFFANY
I have to find my parents. I’m not going to stay here with that murderer!

REBECCA
Tiffany, you need to calm down…I’m sure that they’re fine

ADAM
Just stay one more night. You can leave with us tomorrow.

Tiffany seems reluctant and the group goes silent.

DEREK
We’ll find Mark some help.

REBECCA
If he survives the night

DEREK
Don’t say that!

REBECCA
Look at him! He’s barely alive

TIFFANY
We’ll end up just like him if we don’t leave now!

ADAM
Maybe you all are forgetting about the creatures still upstairs. If you want to leave so bad then go up there!
The group goes silent.

ADAM
We’ll leave tomorrow. We’ll get Mark help. We’ll find others and we’ll get out of this alive.

Silence and the group go to sleep.

END OF SCENE 5
Back to top Go down
https://mbproductions.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Epidemic: Act 3- Scenes 4-5
Page 1 of 1