MB Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MB Productions

A community of filmmakers

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Epidemic: Act 3- Scenes 1-3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet
Awesome: 5

Epidemic: Act 3- Scenes 1-3 Empty
PostSubject: Epidemic: Act 3- Scenes 1-3   Epidemic: Act 3- Scenes 1-3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:05 am

As before...

ACT 3: SCENE 1

INT. ADAM'S HOUSE- LIVING ROOM.

Mark is heard screaming, and we open to Adam rushing into the room. Derek is trying to calm Mark down, who is rolling about on the couch, clutching his wounds, and screaming.

ADAM
What happened, what did you do?

DEREK
I don’t know, I was trying to get a signal on the TV and he just woke up to start screaming!

ADAM
[Rushing to a window]
Well try keep him quiet, those things will hear the noise

Oddly enough Adam can’t see anyone outside, and faces of amazement pass over him. Mark is still screaming, and Derek has just backed off in the belief that he can’t do anything.

DEREK
[Panicked]
There isn’t anything I can do…

NATHAN
[Rushing in, and wielding his gun]
We’re leaving, now!

ADAM
How do you expect us to get Mark out of here?

NATHAN
I don’t; he’s caused nothing but trouble.

DEREK
We’re not leaving him here, he’s in bad enough shape as it is. Not to mention that those things will probably kill him.

NATHAN
[Agitated]
NO ONE NEEDS A JUDAS!

As Nathan finishes, glass can be heard being broken in the back, and the door can be heard being broken down in the front. Mark is still screaming, and Nathan is rushing Adam and Derek to the bathroom. The creatures can be seen coming in while some of them are crowding around Mark, and others are closing in on the bathroom door.

NATHAN
[Yelling]
CLOSE THE DOOR!

In slow motion, the camera is showing through the closing crack that Mark is rising from the couch, while the creatures are raising their claws and beginning to smirk. Noise, of fighting is heard, with bangs against walls, and snarl/screams.

ADAM
What is the world is going on out there?

DEREK
They’re killing him!

Derek notices the gun that Nathan is holding, and shoves him away from the door as he takes the gun. He opens the door to help Mark fend off the creatures, only to find that they are all dead, and Mark is breathing heavily in the same spot he was in before they locked themselves in the bathroom. They all exit and roam amongst the dead bodies.

NATHAN
[Grabbing the gun back from Derek]
DON’T DO THAT AGAIN! Family air loom… very dangerous.

Derek and Adam move towards Mark to try and figure out what’s going on. Nathan, checking his gun, notices blood dripping from the end of Marks fingers.

ADAM
What… what happened?

MARK
[Obviously confused]
I… I don’t know. I’ve just come to…

DEREK
You mean, you don’t remember screaming? Or getting up?

MARK
[Looks at Derek]
No, the last thing I remember is getting attacked in my house…

NATHAN
[Coming over to inspect Mark]
What happened to your scratches?

Mark’s wounds are now gone, save for one on his neck in the shape of a distorted cross.

MARK
I… I don’t know… like I said, I just…

Growling howls can be heard outside.

ADAM
Nevermind that, if you can walk, we need to go, NOW.

NATHAN
[Hesitant of Marks ‘recovery’]
Ok… well, my house is properly fortified, so we might as well make camp there.

Everyone else is confused by the statement, as Nathan is walking out the back.

ADAM
Fortified… how can that be?

NATHAN
[Still walking outside]
God gave my mother a vision before she died… she had me prepare for this. Common, my house is just through the woods.

Adam, Derek, and Mark while limping, rush after Nathan.

END OF SCENE 1

Act 3, Scene 2

Open to Tiffany, Rebecca and Luke running through the woods. Rebecca is still upset about Bobby, and they don’t really know where it is they’re going.

Tiffany

You need to forget about it… we don’t really know what’s going on, but whatever happened, I’m sure he’s in a better place now.

Luke

It’s not something you should dwell upon. My best friend was one of the first to turn when this disease hit.

Rebecca
[sniffling]

I know, but, if it could happen to him, doesn’t that mean it could happen to us? Or… anyone? I mean, Luke, look at what they did to you.

Luke is clutching his shoulder and panting.

Luke

I’ve not been infected yet… and this has happened before.

Tiffany

Well we should find someone to get us somewhere to rest and get you healed. What is that?[She says as noticing Rebecca is rubbing something.

Rebecca stops, and holds out a crucifix.

Rebecca

It was my mothers… she said that it had brought her good luck in life, and so she gave it to me a few days ago.

Tiffany

Wait, you’re mother was religious?

Rebecca

Oh yeah… it caused a lot of problems with my father sometimes, him being the hardcore scientist, but she never gave up faith.

Luke

Your mothers delusional, if you don’t mind me saying.

Rebecca
(Sharp stare)

Rebecca Excuse me!

Luke

All I’m saying is she shouldn’t have wasted her time on delusions of a God; science can easily explain everything.

Rebecca

That’s pure ignorance! How can you…

Tiffany

Calm down, we’re stuck with each other for awhile, so we can’t be at each others throats.

Rebecca is still rubbing her cross as if trying to get warm, and screams/ gun shots are heard shortly after the silence. Derek, Mark, Adam, and Nathan can be seen running along a trail, with some of the creatures in tow. Nathan is firing at them, but there are too many for him to take them all out.

Tiffany

Tiffany: Common, we need to help them!

They rush towards the four, with Tiffany grabbing a stick off the ground. Nathan is tackled by a creature, and his gun goes flying. He and the creature start fighting in a wrestling way. The rest of the creatures rush the other 3. Mark falls over from the pain of running so much, and Adam and Derek try to get him up.

Adam

Comon Mark, we need to keep going.

Mark

I can’t… the… the pain.

Derek

We aren’t just leaving you! Now you’ve got to get up!

Mark is beginning to look more like the attacking creatures by this point. Nathan is still fighting the one creature while dodging attacks, and Adam and Derek aren’t moving.

Mark

Leave, or you’ll die!

The two other creatures rush Adam and Derek. Luke shoots one of the two with Nathan’s gun with terror on his face, and Tiffany strikes the other with her wooden club, then she beats him to death with it. Rebecca goes to find if the other three are fine.

Adam
[Confused]

Who are you?

Rebecca

I’m Rebecca, that’s Tiffany, and over there is[Exhausted pause]… Luke.

Adam

Well, I suppose we should be grateful, we probably wouldn’t have made it out of there alive.

Tiffany is out of breath and collapses, in shock; Tiffany looks over Derek and Mark. Luke wanders over.

Nathan

I could use a little saving here!

All but Mark stare at him, as the fight appears to be changing in the creatures favor. Luke raises the gun and fires, instantly knocking him over. Killing the creature attacking Nathan. Nathan gets up, and yells at Luke while taking his gun back.

Nathan

WHO TOLD YOU YOU COULD TOUCH THAT?!

Luke

It was that or let you die! I had to make a choice, and the alternative was to let you die.

Nathan scowls and turns his attention to the two girls.

Nathan

Tell me [while reloading his gun], who it is you all are.

Rebecca

I’m Rebecca, that’s Tiffany, and the person you just yelled at for saving your life is Luke. We got attacked and thought the only safe place to hide might be the forest. I suppose that’s no longer true.

Adam

Like us I suppose. Our friend over there got attacked and came to us for help…. we’ve been running since. He [pointing at Nathan] says his house is safe for this kind of thing, so we’re heading there.

Derek is taking care of an ailing Mark. And Nathan is staring at the crucifix around Rebecca’s neck. He then looks at his own and starts walking away. Tiffany comes to.

Tiffany

Where are you going?

Nathan

Like Adam said, my house.

Adam

We’ll we can’t just leave them here!

Tiffany

We could have let you die you know.

Nathan stopped walking away. He pulls his crucifix out, clutches it, and closes his eye while whispering to himself, as if in prayer. He then turns around.

Nathan

*Sigh* Okay, you’ve been given clearance. But we aren’t going to slow our pace because of two pieces of damaged luggage. [He is now walking away]

Derek

What about Mark, he’s passed out again.

Nathan

You want him along, you carry him.

Luke

And me?

Nathan

I saw you walking here, carry yourself.

Adam runs over to Derek to help him out, as they lift Mark by the shoulder to carry him. Tiffany slowly rises with Rebecca, and they walk along to try and catch up.

END SCENE

SCENE 3

INT. OUTSIDE-NATHAN'S HOUSE

The group walks out of the forest in the back of the house. Nathan is leading the way, Mark is being carried by Derek and Adam, while Tiffany and Rebecca are slightly behind, and Luke bringing up the rear. The camera pans to show the yard, as well as no visible foot-prints; Nathan’s expression doesn’t change, Adam and Derek are amazed.

NATHAN
(Still walking)
The premises was blessed years ago when my mother’s paranoia began. The thought was that the coming monstrosities wouldn’t be able to cross the holy earth.

Nathan walks over to fiddle with a bilco door on the side of the house. Tiffany and Rebecca start taking in the area as they set down to rest.

LUKE
[sarcastic questioning]
Do you really think saying some words from a dead language will keep bloodthirsty savages from your lawn?

REBECCA
Luke, just leave it alone

TIFFANY
Honestly

LUKE is annoyed by this.

ADAM
[Rushing over in front of Tiffany as if to defend her]
Just leave them alone about it, without their help you wouldn’t be here right now.

DEREK
Seriously man, it’s bringing us all down.

Nathan speaks while still working on the door, as all look to him for his words.

NATHAN
You know, I too have received visions, like my mother. Tiffany, as much as I would like to admit that I enjoy the idea of Science and Religion being without disputes, God himself showed me it would never happen, war and pain are inevitable between the two.

All just kind of hesitate in thought of the speech, Luke is just smirking in disbelief.

LUKE
You know, those visions are just a chemical imbalance in your brain, they can easily be…

DEREK
Man… just give it up, if you haven’t noticed, you can’t win with simple questionable facts

LUKE
[Cocky and while walking away]
I don’t have to listen to this. Go ahead and believe the freak. God bless you all

Nathan works with the door while the others just watch Luke go, Adam walks back over to Derek and Mark, followed shortly by Tiffany.

ADAM
Is he going to be ok?

DEREK
It’s hard to tell man, his breaths have been getting deeper and deeper; his cuts are all gone. Adam… I think he’s becoming one of them.

TIFFANY
Well, with Bobby, even when he was gone and one of them, it was like we could still sense him there, like, just overcome by the bloodshed, distant...but like he was still there.

NATHAN after a short time skip, opens the Bilco door.

NATHAN
Got it, now, if we get inside quick, we should be safe from any threats.

Everyone goes inside, with Mark being carried by Derek. Nathan tries to get in, but realizes that Adam, who is staring out to where Luke went, hasn’t yet followed.

NATHAN
Are you coming? We don’t have long…

Adam
[Questioningly]
I’ll… I’m gonna go and find Luke, try and tell him that we’ve gotten in.

NATHAN
[Looks down and hesitates, then looks up]
Fine, but you’ve got five minutes, and then the door will lock.

Adam takes off to the other side of the pool and inspects the pipe that is used in the draining of pools. He then examines the ground, which appears to be slightly treaded on, extending all the way back to the forest. Looking around some more, he finds a branch on the houses back tree broken. And looking up, Adam sees that the door to the back of the house is opened. Panic overtakes Adam, and he runs off to enter the houses basement.

END OF SCENE 3
Back to top Go down
https://mbproductions.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Epidemic: Act 3- Scenes 1-3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB Productions :: Archives-
Jump to: