MB Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MB Productions

A community of filmmakers

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet
Awesome: 5

Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Empty
PostSubject: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:58 am

SCENE 5:

INT. NATHAN’S HOUSE- OUTSIDE

A FIGURE is seen crouching in the snow where the LINE breaks. The camera panes to right above the crouching figure. The figure rises, its face right in front of camera. The creature’s eyes are light grey and face is sunken and pale. Eyes are sunken as well. The camera switches to the SIDE BASEMENT DOOR. A large group of creatures surround it. The leader’s eyes are closed. Camera zooms close and eyes open to reveal light grey. With a series of growls the creatures dive to the DOOR and begin clawing at it.

INT. NATHAN’S BASEMENT- CORNER ROOM

NATHAN holds MARK down on the BED

NATHAN
Adam, shoot him! Shoot him now before he fully turns!

ADAM has the GUN pointed at MARK while he is being held down. ADAM is deciding if he should actually shoot MARK.

NATHAN
Do it!

MARK’S eyes open revealing his iris a light grey color. He yells in an animalistic manner. At this point ADAM fires the GUN hitting MARK in the shoulder giving NATHAN the chance to run for the DOOR. They both leave and barricade the DOOR shut.

REBECCA
What’s going on?

Just as REBECCA finished her sentence, the steel DOOR leading outside begins to shake.

NATHAN and ADAM
Hold the door!

REBECCA rushes over to the DOOR and tries her best to contain it. ADAM runs over and helps by pushing the POOL TABLE that was near, in front of the DOOR. They back away slowly.

NATHAN
I still need help over here!

As NATHAN holds the DOOR as ADAM locks it.

REBECCA
What…what are we going to do?

NATHAN
Don’t worry-

ADAM
Don’t worry! I don’t know if you are aware of what is going on here, but those things are trying to get in from all sides!

NATHAN grabs his GUN and loads it. Creatures begin to open the steel enforced DOOR and try to get past the pool table. ADAM and REBECCA try to keep the creatures back as best they can. One creature manages to slip by and leaps toward NATHAN. NATHAN fires off a shot to the creatures head.

ADAM
Nathan, help us!

NATHAN
Don’t worry, God will save us. He has a plan.

ADAM
What are you talking about?! Help us! Please!

NATHAN drops to his knees, takes out his cross and begins to pray.

NATHAN
God will save us. He’ll show us a sign.

A loud bang is heard from up stairs. The up stairs DOOR breaks in.

REBECCA
Oh god! Up stairs! They’re coming!

NATHAN slowly opens his eyes

ADAM
Oh God! We’re trapped! It’s over!

Creatures begin to swarm in from the stairs and run for NATHAN, ADAM, and REBECCA. ADAM, trying to hold the TABLE, is shooting the coming creatures with his other hand. NATHAN is still seen on his knees with a blank stair on his face.

ADAM
Nathan, get out of there!

The creatures are able to break through the steel DOOR and get past the pool TABLE, knocking ADAM and REBECCA back to where NATHAN is. NATHAN, with the blank stare still in his eyes, begins talking to himself.

NATHAN
Why? Why are doing this? You promised me salvation. You promised we would be safe!!! You promised that we would be safe!!!

NATHAN’S eyes grow to a much serious look

NATHAN
I know what I have to do

NATHAN stands up.

ADAM
Nathan? What are you doing?

REBECCA
They’re coming in!!

NATHAN
Adam! Rebecca! Get into the spare room!

NATHAN pushes the two into the second BASEMENT ROOM.

REBECCA
You’re not coming with us???

NATHAN
I know what must be done. This is not the end. It is a new beginning. It can only begin with two. As Noah and his wife began the world again.

ADAM
Nathan no!

REBECCA
Get inside!

NATHAN
(smiling)
To ensure his convent with God, Noah sacrificed an animal. I now know my part to play in this.

ADAM
Nathan…no!

REBECCA
What is he doing?

ADAM
He’s sacrificing himself!

NATHAN turns to leave when ADAM grabs his arm.

NATHAN
Let me go. This is God’s plan.

ADAM lets go and NATHAN slams and locks the DOOR. NATHAN runs into the piles of creatures that are climbing over the pool table firing wildly. He spins and fires at the creatures coming from UPSTAIRS. He spins back and forth reloading and firing, killing the oncoming creatures. NATHAN turns to fire again when MARK tackles him from behind and begins swiping at him. NATHAN is dragged by the creatures and is covered in them. He struggles and screams while they cover and devour him.

INT. NATHAN’S BASEMENT- SPARE ROOM

ADAM is blocking the DOOR with REBECCA. REBECCA is crying and holding her crucifix. ADAM is holding the GUN and looking worried. They hear fading GUNSHOTS. The shots stop abruptly, followed by NATHAN’S SCREAMS.

REBECCA
He’s dead! Those things are ripping him apart!

ADAM
Listen to me! We’re going to get out of this

ADAM stands against the DOOR which is being bombarded by creatures. LOUD POUNDING occurs as the creatures try to break down the DOOR. REBECCA is crying.

ADAM
Look at me! We are going to survive this! We’re going to be safe! We’re going to find our families….we’re going to be okay!

ADAM struggles to hold the door and is breaking into hopelessness.

ADAM
We’re going to survive this! Don’t be afraid! We going to be okay…we’re all going to be oka-

The POUNDING stops and the DOOR stops SHAKING. ADAM stops and REBECCA looks up. ADAM grips the GUN tightly and opens the DOOR.

END OF SCENE

SCENE SIX:

INT. NATHAN’S BASEMENT- MAIN ROOM

ADAM slowly walks out of the SPARE ROOM and into the MAIN ROOM with REBECCA. All of the creatures have fallen dead and lifeless.

ADAM
How is this possible?

ADAM and REBECCA walk out the open OUTSIDE DOOR. They walk up and OUTSIDE into a SNOWSTORM.

ADAM
How did this happen? This doesn’t make sense…Is this God’s work?...was…was this the disease?

REBECCA is in shock and ADAM is downright upset by the occurrence. ADAM bends down and picks up NATHAN’s CRUCIFIX. which is covered in BLOOD. ADAM rises and sees nothing in the snow.

ADAM
What does this mean??...What…..What does it mean???

ADAM walks forward while REBECCA stands by NATHAN’s HOUSE. ADAM walks to the ROAD and begins to Walk down it, still gripping the CRUCIFIX.

VARIOUS shots of ADAM and REBECCA looking through Luke’s Adam’s Mark’s and other’s HOUSES. During this the EPILOGUE is inserted.

SCENE returns to ADAM walking down to the end of the road.

ADAM
(whisper)
What does it mean?

ADAM drops the CRUCIFIX and falls to his KNEES. HE raises his hands into the air and yells into the sky. EPILOGUE ENDS.

ADAM
(Yelling)
WHAT DOES IT MEAN???

The scene cuts to BLACK

END OF SCENE

Last edited by The Fallen 19 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mbproductions.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Chaos44556
Diety
Diety
Chaos44556

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:29 am

I think some of the dialouge should be kept but start the epilougue earlier then what you have. I also think that it should be during a light snow and do the shot early in the morning, for the sunrise when Adam says his final line
and, the epilouges final sentence needs to be between adam's last two sentences to have a nice effect.
Back to top Go down
https://mbproductions.forumotion.net
SkaroSyndicate
Mach 5
Mach 5
SkaroSyndicate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:57 am

Oh ya, ok Nick, I'll be waking up at 7 on a weekend to film this... Razz
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:16 am

But the scene is at sunset. In case you've been watching the progression of the film...
Back to top Go down
Chaos44556
Diety
Diety
Chaos44556

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:08 pm

why during a sunset, a sunrise means a new begginning(sp?) to a new day while sunset is the end of a day.Chad, have you ever been up at seven this time of year? Its really nice, the sun rises sometimes like a beam of light breaking into the new day. I wish I could show you a guys a pic of it, it was incredible.
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:19 am

NICK! The movie starts at a morning of one day. The movie continues into the night and into the next day, ending before nightfall. This is the progression of the film! I'm not going to go change it.
Back to top Go down
SkaroSyndicate
Mach 5
Mach 5
SkaroSyndicate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:43 am

Second to Bryan. Plus, Nick, I have this thing I go to called school, which I wake up at 5:30 everyday to get ready for.
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:33 am

I wouldn't mind filming in the morning at all, that's not a problem. The scene just takes place at sunset, which is equally beautiful Nick.
Back to top Go down
SkaroSyndicate
Mach 5
Mach 5
SkaroSyndicate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:28 pm

wow... contradictory much? Plus, how would you propose to do that? A dusk scene shot at dawn?
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:09 am

what the fuck are you talking about? I was saying that getting up and filming in the morning isn't the problem. The problem is that the scene isn't during the morning. WTF are you talking about???
Back to top Go down
SkaroSyndicate
Mach 5
Mach 5
SkaroSyndicate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:37 am

Your last statement appeared to have been your "green light" with shooting the dusk scene at dawn.
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:39 am

When did I say that? I never said that!
Back to top Go down
SkaroSyndicate
Mach 5
Mach 5
SkaroSyndicate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:46 am

The Fallen 19 wrote:
I wouldn't mind filming in the morning at all, that's not a problem.

That was why green light was in quotations.
Back to top Go down
Planeswalker92
The Dude
The Dude
Planeswalker92

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:49 am

Both scenes could work out fine. I do agree with Nick on the whole "new beginning" thing. But I do agree with Bryan that the progression of the film needed the end to be at sunset.
Back to top Go down
Chaos44556
Diety
Diety
Chaos44556

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:33 am

I understand that the movie should end on the sunset but in the movie itself it has to be a new begginning. Chad, you just read Bryans thing without actually reading the meaning of the words. I know what Bryan is saying, hes saying he wouldn't mind shooting the shot in the morning but he won't since it dosen't corespond with the movies setting of that time of the scene.
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:00 am

Should I move Epidemic to the Archives?
Back to top Go down
Chaos44556
Diety
Diety
Chaos44556

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:41 am

Not just yet Bryan. Wait till after the meeting this thursday.
Sposed to get snow Tuesday!
Back to top Go down
Donut
Noob Poster
Noob Poster

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:55 am

Well... i think i MAY join media club (cause chad knows how much i could help) but idk if i want to spend the time doing it. This looks like it could be a good movie, but you guys will have to fill me in more...
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:14 am

We hope that you join Bills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6   Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epidemic: Act 4- Scenes 5 and 6
Page 1 of 1