MB Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MB Productions

A community of filmmakers

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Movie Zone

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Chaos44556
Diety
Diety
Chaos44556

Character sheet
Awesome: 5

The Movie Zone - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:55 am

So it prooves nothing. Just cause the Trailer looked "decent" doesn't mean thats how the movie is going to be. Take Indy's latest film for instance. Trailer looked incredible. But the movie was just average, had its ups and had its incredible downs (aliens, my god!) but it was good movie, not a great movie like I thought it would be. I remember walking away from the theather. Leaned against the wall outside at 3 in the morning and sighed, shook my head and dropped my indiana jones bucket.......my dad picked it up and stupidly said" Great movie, huh Nick!!!" with my fat little bro. snacking down the popcorn from random buckets my dad grabbed while we were leaving. That was a huge deal for me, I wished they would have left Indiana alone to his legacy.....why Spielburg....why? No

Yes, I got off topic but it still prooves my point!
Back to top Go down
https://mbproductions.forumotion.net
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:30 pm

Another rant, but correct. Indy was a stinker, but I think that it's too early to compare them.
Back to top Go down
https://mbproductions.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Chaos44556
Diety
Diety
Chaos44556

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:29 pm

True, Ill wait till the movie comes out.
Back to top Go down
SkaroSyndicate
Mach 5
Mach 5
SkaroSyndicate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:05 am

I really didn't think it was a bad movie. Other than the jokes being some of the lamest things I've ever heard, and the stepping away from the "God" subplot, it was a true Indy movie.
Back to top Go down
Planeswalker92
The Dude
The Dude
Planeswalker92

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:43 am

That's not my point. The writers of Dragonball want to create a film that would attract people who aren't familiar with the show. And that's why fans are bitching because of the fact that it has no relation to the anime except for the names.
Back to top Go down
Chaos44556
Diety
Diety
Chaos44556

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:58 am

Ofcourse they would, thats what they always want to do. You won't see any anime turned live action movie targeted towards those that know the anime.
Back to top Go down
Planeswalker92
The Dude
The Dude
Planeswalker92

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:12 am

God! I'm saying that that was the point of my first statement. I actually think it will be pretty good.
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:17 am

I come bearing gifts. A review from Watchmen. The top eleven main things about it. Take a look! I personally love number ten!!! Spoilerz!

[1. No Black Freighter, although we do catch glimpses of the newsstand and the kid who reads the comic, but only briefly.

2. The ending is different, no squid. I was one of the people who never really cared about squid/no squid, but I feel the ending will work better for mainstream audiences that have never read the book.

3. They do not imply a sequel anymore than the book does...

4. The montage covering the heroes of the past is done exceptionally well, and was longer than I expected. Allows the audience to understand that this is an alternate version of the past and everything they know should be thrown out the window.

5. It is dark, but not the stark realism that fills the Dark Knight. The Watchmen reality is a little more surreal in its feel, like a dream. It really has the feel of the comic in it.

6. Look for the cameo by Snyder's son. He also played young Leonidas in 300.

7. It was fantastically close to the book; even the framings of shots were lifted directly from the book.

8. Jackie Earl Halley is the shit in this. He IS Rorschach.

9. This movie is gory. I'm a gore hound and I was surprised at how graphic some scenes were. Really had people squirming.

10. NAKED Sally Jupiter. (CORRECTION NAKED Silk Spectre)

11. Only character I didn't like was Veidt/Ozymandias. I thought the actor was weak.

I have to say Snyder knocked this one out of the park. There is some gruesome, brutal stuff here that is hard to watch. The fight scenes are awesome, and, like in 300, Snyder continues the use of ramping the frame rate to accentuate the movements of the characters. I knew there was going to be some slo-mo, but I didn't think he overdid it. All in all, fans of the book are going to more than pleased with the film. For a book that was for years considered un-filmable, he certainly managed to hit almost every beat and did not compromise any of the material (except for the squid).]
Back to top Go down
Chaos44556
Diety
Diety
Chaos44556

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:08 am

Really want to see this movie. Especially for number 10 bounce
Back to top Go down
Planeswalker92
The Dude
The Dude
Planeswalker92

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:21 am

Oh yea. That's what will make the movie!!! LOL. No, not really.
Back to top Go down
SkaroSyndicate
Mach 5
Mach 5
SkaroSyndicate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:06 am

Sweatness!!! Probably gonna go see the midnight show... TWICE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:26 am

Got some new movies up that perhaps you haven't read about yet. Some of them look real good. Miss March is one of them.
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:10 am

Just put up a new one titled: The Haunting of Connnecticut

And guess what! It stares Impulse (A.K.A. The Flash) from Smallville

Watch the trailer. Honestly, I like things that deal with the old 1920's seances.

Back to top Go down
Chaos44556
Diety
Diety
Chaos44556

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:34 am

Movies based on true events are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:37 am

I saw a video interview of Zack Snyder disscussing Watchmen. He mentioned this hilarious video that he LOL'D at. He really liked it. It's a video that makes fun of the new ending (without the squid). Watch it, it's pretty funny. "I wanted to see the squid in all its glory on the big screen while proudly wearing my Rorschach outfit"

"God help us all"

~
Back to top Go down
Planeswalker92
The Dude
The Dude
Planeswalker92

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:07 am

Wow Bryan, that video was hilarious!!
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:37 am

Yes, yes it was. I saw The Rocker last night. It was suprisingly a quaint little film that wasn't stupid humor. I actually liked it. Some of it was pretty funny while most of it is just an intresting movie to watch. Check it out.

"I will drag you down to hell!!! I will eat your souls!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Chaos44556
Diety
Diety
Chaos44556

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:19 am

Kinda like balls of fury, looks stupid but in fact a great comedy.
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:39 am

The Movie Zone - Page 8 Watchmen15

Sweet! So less than a week to go for Watchmen, and thirteen reviews say that it's "Epic" , "Dark...", "Great story-telling at its best", and "As equally as good as The Dark Knight".
Back to top Go down
Planeswalker92
The Dude
The Dude
Planeswalker92

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:19 am

Well, I'm not sure it'll be as good as the Dark Knight, standing wise though...only because it doesn't have as much hype.
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:47 am

The Movie Zone - Page 8 Watchmen21

The movie was awesome! I'm trying to look at it differently than the graphic novel, because they are a bit different. In the way they flow, in the way the characters interact, how you feel at the end, and the outcome. The movie featured a really good opening and allot of music that fit. Zack Snyder did a really good job setting the tone and mood of the film. He did really well at briefly telling what the era was and explaining the existence of costumed heroes. Each actor did great, like, literally as if they came right out of the novel. Allot of scenes were changed and altered, but still told the story the same and were pretty good. The slow-motion fits and Zack Snyder knew exactly when to use certain effects and lines. It was over-all a great experience and a great movie. Check it out! Also, go in un-biased. Don't think of how there isn't a squid or anything like that. This ending was perfect for the movie and was much better than the squid would have been. See it! It's awesome!!

The Movie Zone - Page 8 Watchmen10
Back to top Go down
Planeswalker92
The Dude
The Dude
Planeswalker92

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:27 am

I have to agree Bryan! And I can't to see it when it comes out again in June!
Back to top Go down
Chaos44556
Diety
Diety
Chaos44556

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Planeswalker92 wrote:
Well, I'm not sure it'll be as good as the Dark Knight, standing wise though...only because it doesn't have as much hype.
so was it better then the dark knight?
Back to top Go down
The Fallen 19
BAMF
BAMF
The Fallen 19

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:36 am

It's not my place to compare the two. Wow, you know what makes me mad? Television, radio, and magazines are just bashing the movie. They say that it's not good and focuses too much on the Cold War and is too long. It's these people that I hate, the people who just don't understand the magic of filmmaking. This review really sums up how I feel about the film. This guy gets it.

The following is a bit from the review that I liked:

"This ‘uniqueness’ is exactly why you’ve read reviews both praising and hating Watchmen. Just in case you’re confused on which direction I’m heading, I loved this film. Part of why I love it is the same reason on why it is getting mixed reviews. A spectacle it is, nobody should argue about that. How you feel the story was delivered in the course of 163 minutes is another matter. People will debate this film. You will not leave the theater and forget about it like the usual fare of theatrical releases out there. You can discuss topics, one being Quantum Physics and its application in the film. It’s going to make you think. It demands that you listen and, therefore, pay attention. Sadly, a lot of moviegoers don’t like that."
Back to top Go down
Planeswalker92
The Dude
The Dude
Planeswalker92

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:40 am

After seeing it twice, I can say that I liked Watchmen better than The Dark Knight. I felt that during Watchmen, it kept my attention the entire time where as in TDK, it was good, but it really only kept my attention during the scenes with The Joker. Though both movies were good, they could have tossed out a few scenes to make them a tad shorter, but still good none the less
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Movie Zone   The Movie Zone - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Movie Zone
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB Productions :: General Chat-
Jump to: